Convenient to everything that Centreville has to offer, the locational amenities of this 3-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom townhome are enough to earn a spot on your short list. Seconds after crossing the threshold, you might start measuring for curtains. The atmosphere is illuminated both by plenty of sunlight and by elegant fixtures. The centerpiece of the living room is a gas fireplace that inspires gathering and conversation. The kitchen is recently updated and features granite counters in an attractive layout. Beneath stylish lighting, the room looks like a catalog photograph.
As a spot to relax at night and recharge for tomorrow, the newly updated primary bedroom is where to be. In addition to the convenience of the private bathroom (double sinks, separate tub, and shower), you will find plenty of closet space and a private deck. The other two quiet bedrooms are located above the ground floor for enhanced privacy.A brief driveway connects to an attached one-car garage that is available for its original purpose, or you can get creative by treating it as additional flex space.The easily manageable yard, too, means less lawn care and more time to enjoy your domain. Avid grillmasters will gravitate toward the deck. Dependably crafted of pressure-treated wood, this appealing structure is the perfect stage for memorable culinary performances.
Positioned on a tranquil cul-de-sac in an area where the streets are lined with sidewalks and trees, the home is walkable to the stir of the town center, including the shopping and dining variety of Sully Station Shopping Center. Amble with a soda or reading material to the natural attractions of Ellanor C. Lawrence Park. "Be right there" radius includes Westfield high school. The proximity to nearby concentrations of employment makes for an easy commute. This captivating dwelling is perfectly situated in the Shirley Station development.
Beginning in the 1760s, the area was known as Newgate due to the popularity of the conveniently-located Newgate tavern. William Carr Lane operated the tavern and was co-proprietor of a nearby store with James Lane, Jr. The small stream that passed near the tavern was named the River Thames, another London association. Another reason for it being named Newgate, was the fact that it was a "new gate" to the western territories. The town of Centerville (shortly thereafter spelled Centreville) was established in 1792 on the turnpike road at the village of Newgate by the Virginia General Assembly in response to petitions by local landowners. The petitioners reasoned that a town on the turnpike road leading from the Northwest Territory and centrally located to Alexandria, Colchester, Dumfries, Middleburg, George Town (later Georgetown), Fauquier Court House (later Warrenton), and Leesburg would be convenient. The town acquired its name due to its central location. James Hardage Lane, one of the landowners, conceived the idea of the town as a way to provide financial support to his widow and their children. At the town's inception, it was within the boundary of Loudoun County, Virginia, and became part of Fairfax County, Virginia in 1798 when the boundary between the two counties shifted. Town development established a pattern of mixed residential and commercial use. Frame houses, several taverns, stores, blacksmith shops, tanyards, and a school house were constructed on the 1/2 acre town lots.
In the Civil War, several battles were fought nearby including the First Battle of Manassas, the Second Battle of Manassas, and the Battle of Chantilly. During the winter of 1861 and early 1862 the town was significantly fortified by the Confederacy and served as a supply depot for both sides at various points in the war, and is famous for being the site of the construction of the first railroad ever built exclusively for military use, the Centreville Military Railroad. Centreville was of significant strategic value due to its proximity to several important roads, while its position atop a high ridge provided a commanding view of the surrounding area. The town was frequently associated with Confederate Colonel John S. Mosby, whose partisan rangers used its hillsides and farms as a base of operations, leading to the sobriquet "Mosby's Confederacy.”
In 1943, Centreville was a small town, on a map there were indications of each building in the town. The population growth occurred in the late 1990s and early 2000s due to an influx of companies, businesses, and corporations. Centreville is a modernized city and densely populated. The local newspaper such as "The CentreView" record local events and surrounding communities. Centreville is served by three major roads. U.S. Route 29 enters Centreville from the west and is the main artery through the town. Virginia Route 28 enters from the south and interchanges with U.S. Route 29 in between Centreville's two main shopping centers. SR 620 (Braddock Road) has several stretches of pavement in Centreville. Finally, Interstate 66 comes from the south-west and interchanges with both routes before heading off toward Washington, D.C. in the east or western Virginia. The area is served by several Fairfax Connector bus routes connecting to the Metrorail system: 640, 641, 642.
Licensed in DC, MD, VA